Emergency & Permitting Information

Washington State Online Permit Assistance System (OPAS)

This site provides great information and process diagrams for the permits you will need for a project based on project specific information you provide. We are working with Snohomish County to identify contact people and county procedures for permits issued by the county.



Emergency phone numbers and guidance for emergency property protection

Link To Emergency Information

RRT Permitting Process Chart>Permit Process Chart

WA State RCW Law 77.55 and 89.08

Links to WA State RCW 77.55.021 regarding Permit requirements for Emergencies and non-emergencies, CHRONIC DANGER Designations (8.a., b., c.), mitigations and 77.55.181 Fish Enhancement Projects – Also see 89.08.400”s


US Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE)

ACOE “404” permits are required for federally assisted projects which affect the waters of navigable rivers. Application for a 404 permit also triggers consultation with the Forest Service under Section 7 of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act (see below for access to Forest Service Sites).


US Forest Service (USFS)

The Forest Service completes a Wild and Scenic Rivers Act Section 7 determination for federally funded projects that may affect private or public lands within the Wild and Scenic River Corridor.

The following site contains a wealth of information regarding Federally Designated Wild and Scenic Rivers.


The folllowing contains a variety of information about the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest and access to all other USFS websites.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs /

Snohomish County

See also Legislation page for access to Snohomish County Code.


Leave a Reply